Wright & Company is a new American restaurant located on the second story of the historic Wright-Kay building on Woodward Ave. in downtown Detroit.
Completed in 1891, the historically registered building is one of the oldest in Detroit. Built in a Queen Anne style with Romanesque details, the structure was erected with a cast iron frame and was one of the first in Detroit to feature an electrical elevator. Originally constructed for a retailer of musical instruments, the building was occupied by the Wright-Kay jewelry firm from 1920-1978. Its current use is a clothing store on the first floor, Wright & Company on the second floor, and residential units above.
Location: Detroit, MI
Area: 5,000 SF
Phase: Completed, 2015
Food Service: Millis and Associates
Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing: MEECI
General Contractor: Integrated Design Group